Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Gone Fishing - The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.  Private fishing stories, commercial charter operati

Forums     Login   Signup

Gone Fishing

Manager: tattooed_ogre
The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

The Springfield Sportsman's Show has a bit of everything! - 02/23/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JCs-Z27hXm8/USlQVtrUBaI/AAAAAAAAA6U/_KwmD7Rb6tc/s320/Pool1.png

If you can't get out fishing, perhaps the next best thing is a fishing and hunting expo. I drove up to the Springfield Sportsman's Show today at the Big E grounds to browse some new gear, see a few friends, and perhaps scout out some interesting fishing locations for the upcoming season. I missed last week's show at Hartford, so I was really anxious to get out and do something related to fishing. No sooner did I walk in the door than I was saying hello to Capt. Greg Dubrule and Matt from Blackhawk Sportfishing . Once again Greg had a prime booth location, and he's pretty good at setting the Blackhawk II on some prime fishing spots as well. I look forward to running some of his happy hour and night trips for shots at 50lb. stripers. The Springfield show has a bit of everything, with hunting and fishing guides from across the US and exotic locations as far away as South Africa. My focus is a bit more local and regional, which was well represented by guides, shops and manufacturers. The upstate New York and Lake Ontario was well represented with probably a dozen or more guide and charter outfits, and a few booths down from the Blackhawk was Capt. Ron Littlejohn of Double Trouble Charters . I've never fished with Ron, but he's an Altmar local whom I've met a few times while enjoying a post fishing beer or two at the Salmon River Outfitters Tavern . Another booth that grabbed my attention was Catfish Creek Camp located between Oswego and Pulaski on the mouth of Catfish Creek just ...

The Springfield Sportsman's Show has a bit of everything!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy