Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Gone Fishing - The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.  Private fishing stories, commercial charter operati

Forums     Login   Signup

Gone Fishing

Manager: tattooed_ogre
The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Up the creek....... - 04/07/2013
Well, I managed a second trip out on the CT River with the Gemma Rose II, after a brief trial run an some tweaks here and there from last week. I managed a few fish, tested out the Triumph's "World's Toughest Boats" claim, and rescued a group off the river. I wanted to get an idea of fuel burn, and hopefully catch some pike. I put in at Salmon River Cove around 10 am at the peak of the flood tide, with the winds blowing straight down the river at 15mph and the air temperature in the upper 30s. I have no idea where spring went. Launching was a chore, as no docks have been put in yet, the tide and wind were ripping, and the Triumph was banging against concrete. I also drifted into the pilings pretty hard. Good thing she's not glass. Water temps had pushed up close to 45, and Andrew at the Fishin' Factory 3 had some reports of herring down around the mouth and Eight Mile River. The plan was to fish right through dusk. There was only one other trailer in the lot, and I found its owner after a short run to the canal. To say the fishing was slow was an understatement. Even the crappie bite was off. Rather than spend time in the canal, which I planned to fish on the way back in, I made a run up to the Mattabasset River. The usual weekend crown was fishing the shoreline the first few hundreds yards in from the mouth. One guy did pull in what was easily a double digit cat, and his buddies were taking a ton of pictures. I continued up in to the confluence with the Coginchaug. The wind ...

Up the creek.......

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy